The Divine Healing Journey
A lot of us come from different church backgrounds and we have learned different things about diving healing.
- In 323 AD Constantine made Christianity a state religion.
- In 476 AD Divine healing was lost / the Dark Ages began.
- In 1517 God began renewing the church (Martin Luther).
- In 1946 God restores healing through Healing Revivals.
This little bit of church history has created a lot of questions in the church:
- Is divine healing for today?
- Is divine healing for all?
- Does God put sickness on us to teach us?
Acts 10:38 (KJV) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- If I’m not healed is it because of my faith?
Romans 12:3 (KJV) . . . God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
I grew up in a church where some believed healing died with the apostles.
James 5:14-16 (NIV) Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
3 John 1:2 (YLT) I desire thee to prosper, and to be in health, even as thy soul doth prosper.
This sent me on a journey.
Hosea 4:6 (KJV) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
There’s a wide range of misinformation about divine healing that keeps us from accessing all that Jesus has provided.
According to Barna’s* research:
- 51% of practicing Christians have experienced a miraculous healing. This was not a healing through normal process, medical procedure, or the body healing itself.
- 14% of other faiths have experience God’s healing power.
- 10% of atheists say they’ve experience divine healing.
These numbers reflect an important truth: The closer you get to Christ the Healer the more you experience His healing power.
Proverbs 4:20-22 (AMP) My son, pay attention to my words and be willing to learn; Open your ears to my sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; Keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, And healing and health to all their flesh.
CHRIST THE HEALER
Luke 6:18-19 (NLT) They had come to hear Him and to be healed, and Jesus cast out many evil spirits. Everyone was trying to touch Him, because healing power went out from Him, and they were ALL cured.
Matthew 12:15 (ESV) Jesus . . . withdrew from there. And many followed Him, and He healed them ALL.
Luke 10:19 (AMP) Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and over ALL the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.
* “Most Americans Believe in Supernatural Healing,” barna.com, September 29, 2016.