Who Am I Identifying With?
Do I want to identify with those in persecution or their persecutors?
- If I keep my witness to myself, I’m identifying with persecutors.
- If I share Jesus today, I’m identifying with those in persecution.
The church in persecution understands consistent faithfulness.
Matthew 4:19 (NKJV) “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
. . . I will transform you into men who catch people for God. – TPT
If we’re NOT catching people, we’re NOT following Jesus. In America, we are giving up in freedom what Christians in persecution never give up: our witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV) Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
- Our freedom to live out this mission is NOT tied to politics!
- Our freedom is tied to our obedience to Jesus Christ!
Proverbs 3:27-28 (MSG) Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Don’t tell your neighbor “Maybe some other time” or “Try me tomorrow” when the money’s right there in your pocket.
Matthew 5:13-14 (MSG) Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth . . . . Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.
Nehemiah 4:14 (NIRV) Don’t be afraid of your enemy. Remember the Lord. He is great and powerful. So fight for your families. Fight for your sons and daughters. Fight for your wives and homes.
HOW TO WIN THE BATTLE
- Accept the personal responsibility. God’s plan for people receiving Jesus is YOU!
Acts 20:24 (NCV) The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me – to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.
- Build intentional relationships. Be a friend. People are in your life for a reason.
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (VOICE) I am free of obligations to all people. And, even though no one (except Jesus) owns me, I have become a slave by my own free will to everyone in hopes that I would gather more believers . . . . I’m flexible, adaptable, and able to do and be whatever is needed [a listening ear, a helping hand, etc.] for all kinds of people so that in the end I can use every means at my disposal to offer them salvation.
- Share your personal story. Look for an opportunity to share what God has done in your life.
1 Peter 3:15 (ERV) Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain about the hope you have.
- Give a personal invitation. Invite them to church. It really is that easy.