GOD’S END TIME CLOCK
John 14:2-3 (NKJV) In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Jesus is coming again! The question isn’t if, it’s when.
- We will never know the date.
- We can understand the seasons.
Matthew 24:32-33 (CW) Learn a lesson from the fig tree: When you see it put out new shoots and leaves, you know that spring is here. In the same way, you can tell when the end is near, when it’s right at the door.
There are signs for us to know the season we’re living in:
- We are to watch for God’s fig tree to blossom.
- God’s fig tree is the nation of Israel (Luke 13:6–9; Joel 2:21–25).
- Israel is God’s End Time clock—a prophetic timepiece.
- Abraham was promised stars of the sky and sand of the seashore.
Matthew 24:34 (CW) This generation will not pass away before Jerusalem is destroyed . . . .
Jerusalem’s destruction begins the Last Days (70 A.D.). The Apostle John lived to see it and then God gave him what we call “the book of Revelation.”
2 Peter 3:3-9 (CW) In the last days, scoffers will come . . . . They’ll make fun of Christ’s return, saying, “We’ve heard about His coming for years, and now our parents have died and He still hasn’t come . . . .” With God, time is not a factor—one day or a thousand years—it makes no difference in His purposes . . . . Time has gone on only because of God’s patience and kindness. He loves everyone, even the wicked, and He doesn’t want anyone to lose out on heaven.
Matthew 24:36-39 (CW) Only my Father knows the exact time when I will come back, and He hasn’t even told me or the angels. Just as the world was in Noah’s day, that’s how it will be immediately before I come back. In those days, all the people thought about was eating, drinking, getting married and living it up. They did this right up to the very day that Noah and his family went into the ark. They didn’t think what Noah had been preaching would happen until suddenly the flood hit. By then it was too late. That’s how it will be in the time of the end. Very few will really believe what my people will tell them. Most people will go about their duties with little thought about the future.
Jerusalem being destroyed started the End Time countdown. As we watch other prophecies concerning Israel come to pass, we will know the season we are living in.
PROPHECIES CONCERNING ISRAEL
- Luke 21:20-24 = Jerusalem destroyed (fulfilled in 70 A.D.).
- Zephaniah 3:9 = Israels’ language restored (fulfilled in 1881 – 1914).
- Ezekiel 11:17 = Nation of Israel reborn (fulfilled in 1948).
- Luke 21:24 = Jerusalem won back (fulfilled in 1967).
- Zephaniah 3:10 = Ethiopian Jews return (fulfilled in 1991).
- Isaiah 35:1-2 = Fertility of the land restored (fulfilled in 1948-NOW).
- 2 Thess. 2:4 = Temple rebuilt (to be fulfilled).
- Numbers 19:2 = Sacrifices restored (to be fulfilled).
- Daniel 9:27 = Peace treaty signed (to be fulfilled).
- Gentile-led Church Rapture